Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Perfect Harmony Cocktail #CocktailParty

We hosted our Choir Christmas Party last Thursday.  We have our final practice before Christmas at one of the members homes.  Everyone brings a dish, we eat, drink, socialize and practice the songs we will be singing before Mass when we have the carol sing along and during Mass when we celebrate the birth of our Savior.

It is always a good time and we love hosting.  Frank always tends bar.  His Milky Way Martinis are always the most requested at this party.  I think folks wait all year long to enjoy these dessert like drinks.

This year our friend, John, had Frank make him a drink that he had enjoyed at a party over the weekend.  This party had hired a bartender and he had prepared a drink using vodka, orange juice, cranberry juice and grenadine.  The bartender said he didn't know what the name of the drink was but John really enjoyed it.

Friday, we spent the day cleaning up after the party, finishing our Christmas shopping and running errands.  That evening, after dinner, Frank made up the cocktail he had been serving John and told me the story behind it.



The cocktail was delicious and I was thrilled because as I was sipping away I remembered that my friend Ellen, of Family Around the Table, was hosting a Cocktail Party today!!

I love when life works out like that.  I hadn't originally planned on attending this party.  I had the special edition of Muffin Monday posting going live today and it is Day 3 of Countdown to 2018.

I thought that was plenty enough on my plate, or in my glass as the case might be.  However, I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.  I enjoyed the cocktail with Frank and then put him to work making us another so that I could get photos.....well, actually, he took the photos too.  He is wonderful like that!



While we enjoyed our second cocktail we started trying to think of a name.  Frank thought of Harmony since it was discovered during the choir party....I added the Perfect and when you try  this cocktail you will see why.

Perfect Harmony Cocktail

1 jigger vodka
3 oz. orange juice
3 oz. cranberry juice
splash of grenadine
orange slice and maraschino cherry for garnish, if desired

Fill a shaker full of ice.  Add the vodka and both juices.  Shake to combine and strain into an ice cube filled glass.  Drizzle in the grenadine, it will sink to the bottom giving you the red layer.  Garnish and serve. Print Recipe

More Cocktails and Mocktails

   

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.