Thursday, January 26, 2017

Cinnamon Spice Valentini

Sometimes Frank gets bored.  He does not relax well, my husband.  On those rare nights that we have nothing going on he will start pacing and asking me what I want to do.  I often tell him that I want to do whatever it is that I am doing when he asks.......read, blog, watch tv....whatever.  Sometimes I just say "nothing, I want to do nothing tonight".  He paces around some more and, more often than not, starts experimenting at the bar.


This often works out to my advantage because I get to taste all his creations and he keeps tweaking them until they are exactly what I want.  If this happens quickly we get a good drink out of the deal. Should it happen not so quickly, I start getting tipsy and think that things that aren't that good taste better than they really do.  So we always try the last concoction again the following day to make sure that it really tastes as we remember it LOL.


The night that this drink was created, Frank hit the nail on the head the first try.  He didn't believe me so he tweaked it a couple of times and then finally went back and made the original version for me to enjoy while I watched Fixer Upper. 

Are you a Fixer Upper fan?  They now have a store called Magnolia Home Furniture.  I was lucky enough to go into a store called HOME while in my brother's small town of Santa Margarita, California that features their furniture.  It is a great store and I fell in love with several items that were not only gorgeous but reasonably priced.


The next time you have a down day with your Valentine and are looking for a way spice up your evening make your Love one of these wonderful Valentini's.  It was good enough to make me turn off Fixer Upper and join my Valentine in the hot tub.

Cinnamon Spice Valentini
a Frank Klik original

1 part cinnamon schnapps
1 part cherry vodka
1 part amaretto
red sugar sprinkles for rimming 
Maraschino cherry for garnish

Rim a martini glass with red sugar sprinkles.  Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.  Add the schnapps, vodka and amaretto.  Shake to combine and chill.  Pour into rimmed glass and garnish with a cherry. Print Recipe





2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.