Monday, September 26, 2016

Cheers!!!! We are celebrating #AppleWeek.

Welcome to Apple Week, where Ellen of Family Around the Table and Carlee of  Cooking with Carlee, have invited several of us to post our favorite apple recipes according to a theme chosen for each day.

Today is Monday so we are celebrating with Drinks and Appetizers.  It's like a potluck and each of us has brought either a drink or an app to share.  You will find all of our goodies at the bottom of this post.  But the fun doesn't stop here....we are going all week long!!  Here are our themes for each day.
  • Monday- Appetizers and Drinks
  • Tuesday- Mains and Sides
  • Wednesday- Sweets
  • Thursday- Decorations, Crafts or Projects
  • Friday-Anything Apple 
You can see that it is going to be a great party.  You are going to want to scroll to the bottom of each post where you will find links to the others who are joining in the fun. I will be here each and every day but I won't be posting on Thursday as we are in the process of moving and I have already packed up all of my craft supplies.

I have recently gotten a Vitamix for my birthday and my first thought was to make homemade apple juice but what the heck kinda party is that!!!  I'll save it for when my Angel Face comes to visit.  So I went to my bartender extraordinaire, who also happens to be my husband, and asked him to create me an apple drink that did not contain apple schnapps or apple liqour of any sort because I think it tastes fake and it makes me gag.  


So when we were out for a drive one day we stopped by the cider mill and picked up some cider, apples and donuts.....yes I know they are not on my eating plan....but they had just come out of the fryer and were still warm!!! They were shaken in cinnamon sugar and smelled so delicious.  We broke open the box the minute we got in the car.  I controlled myself and only had one but it was very difficult.....believe you me!


Frank created these while I was making dinner.  While dinner was simmering on the stove he handed me one as a pre-dinner cocktail.  Well....it is very decadent and sweet.....much better suited for an after dinner dessert so that is what we did.  Into the refrigerator it went and it was a perfect ending for a nice meal.



Caramel Apple Martini
created by Frank

3 jiggers apple cider
2 jiggers caramel vodka
ice
caramel syrup
cinnamon sugar
apple slices


Rim two glasses with caramel and then dip into cinnamon sugar. Place the cider and vodka into a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well to chill and combine.  Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with an apple slice.  

Monday: Appetizers and Drinks

Tuesday: Main Dishes and Sides

Wednesday: Sweet Treats

Thursday: Apple Projects

Friday: Anything Apple Goes





7 comments:

  1. Yum! It sounds like a two-fer. Drink and dessert all in one! Those apple cider donuts from the orchards are one of my biggest weaknesses. Just reading about them warm and fresh makes me weak in the knees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That is a cocktail that is calling my name

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple cider and caramel vodka sound like the perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.