Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Where does the time go?

The older I get the faster the time seems to fly by.  I cannot believe that it is already nearing the end of August and kids are heading back to school!  It boggles my mind.  Heck, I can't believe it is already Wednesday.  Double heck, I can't even believe this day is nearly over and we already had dinner.


It was a pretty good dinner too.  We were supposed to have it last night and have Spaghetti tonight but I called Frank while on the way to a meeting Monday night and asked him to pull out a pot roast for me and he forgot.  So yesterday morning he pulled it out along with the burger for his spaghetti, which was delicious as always.  Then before I went to bed last night I put the roast in the crockpot for 10 hrs so that this morning I could have it shredded and ready for Frank to finish when I was on the way home from the food pantry.


When Frank got home he made up some of his Famous Homemade BBQ Sauce.
While this was heating up with the shredded beef, he shucked some corn and brought water to a boil.


When I got home I threw together a Caprese Salad and Dinner was Served!

BBQ Beef Sandwiches

1 Pot Roast (3-4 lbs)
1 small onion
2 c. beef broth
Montreal Seasoning to taste
2 c. BBQ sauce (Frank's Recipe) or your favorite store bought.
Onion Rolls

Place pot roast in a slow cooker and season generously with Montreal Seasoning.  Peel and quarter a small onion and scatter around the roast.  Add 2 c. of beef broth and cook on low for 10 hrs.  Remove roast from broth and place on a cutting board to cool.  When cool enough to handle, shred the meat, removing and disposing of any bones, fat or gristle.  Place the shredded beef into a sauce pan with the BBQ Sauce and heat through.  Serve on Onion Rolls.  Print Recipe










2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.