Saturday, August 22, 2015

The coming week and a couple days of the Weekly Menu

I'm not even bothering with a Weekly Menu this week.  We will only be home for two dinners so I will just share them with you in the dialogue.

Tonight we are going to a birthday party for our friend, Sharon, and dinner will be served. Tomorrow we are going to an Art Fair where Nic and Pierre will be set up with Petoskey and Pine products. Afterwards, Frank is taking me out to dinner for my birthday and perhaps Nic and Pierre will join us and we can celebrate his birthday as well since it was yesterday.


Instead of Meatless Monday this week we are having Mexican Monday.  I have some leftover chicken that needs to be used up and decided to make Mexican Chicken Lasagna. This is a great casserole.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The only difference in my recipe will be that I will be using kernels from 2 ears of corn that are leftover from last night instead of the canned corn.


Tuesday I am going to be putting up some stuffed cabbages and sauerkraut to use up all of this cabbage taking up space in my fridge.  We will eat a little before packaging the rest up in dinner size portions for the freezer.

Wednesday we are heading north again for Frank's work conference in Traverse City...you know what that means?!  We get to see our TC family again!! Lil has a soccer game Wednesday afternoon that we will attend and then she and Randy are coming down state for the weekend.  Frank will be busy in conference Wednesday evening, most of the day Thursday and then a short meeting Friday morning before the conference ends.  We will be spending Friday evening with Spence and Jen and then heading home on Saturday.

1 comment:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.