Monday, February 23, 2015

A Trip back to the Island.....if only in our Dreams....

I can't believe it has only been 1 short week since I was in sunshine and warm temps.  It seems so long ago......sigh......

Well no sense crying over spilled sunshine....I guess I may as well make the best of it and throw an Island Party!!!

Each year or twice a year if we are very lucky...we host the after dive party at our house.  We all get together, share our photos and videos, eat food and have drinks reminiscent of the dive locale and talk about where and when we get to do it all again.

Our dive family is a great and diverse group of individuals who are always a lot of fun to spend time with.  There is an enourmous amount of talent and ingenuity floating around.  We have business owners, government workers, cops, computer geeks, electricians, plumbers, attorneys, musicians. accountants, factory workers, doctors, nurses, vets....the list goes on and on......

But we all love diving, and vacation, and laughter, and sunshine.  We have come to know each other's families, dreams and hopes.  We cheer each other's acheivements and share each other's sorrows.  We are family.

Sheesh....I get so sentimental sometimes.  I will stop now and share with you our menu for this Sunday's After Dive Party.


4 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.