Friday, August 29, 2014

It Is Within Reach...

Good Morning everyone and welcome, once again, to Five Minute Friday.  FMF is hosted by Kate Motaung and is a place for writers to join and write on a one word prompt for 5 minutes flat.  You need not worry about editing or spelling or grammar...you just write...about whatever the prompt puts on your heart.  Then you share it with others who have also written what was on their hearts and you offer hugs, encouragement and support.  It is wonderful and you should join us.

Today's prompt was Reach.

Go

Yesterday was a day of new beginnings for me.  I, once again, started an exercise and nutrition program.  I weighed myself...for the first time in a long time.  I weigh more than I have ever in my life.  Even more than when I was pregnant.  I am 56 years old.  I was discouraged.  The goal of losing so much weight seemed insurmountable but I told myself that I had done it before and I will do it again.  My goal of losing 30 lbs is well within reach and after that 30 then I will look at whether I want to strive for that last 10 pounds of weight loss.  You ask why I chose the number 30 instead of choosing 40 right now.

Well, you see, I have lost 30# before so I know I can reach that goal.  I know it is possible so that is what I am going to reach for.  After I lose that 30# you would think (hope) that the last 10# will seem like a piece of cake.

Stop


Please join me on my health and fitness journey at my new blog, A Day in the Life on My Quest for Fitness.  Perhaps we can go on this journey together and if not perhaps you can just stroll by my side for a bit and offer some encouragement.

6 comments:

  1. Yes! I love that feeling when a goal is in *reach*. I am gong on a weightloss journey as well and I can totally relate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Paula...I know it is I just need to discipline myself.

      Delete
  3. That is so smart to break it down into manageable goals. Can't wait to check out the new site. Go get 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.