Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Asian Barbecue Pork Tenderloin

We were originally going to have Tropical Pork Tenderloin Kabobs for dinner tonight but I used all my pineapple in my dinner last night, and I didn't want to make a trip to the store.  Ting came for dinner tonight and Tony was working so I went for Asian Flavors. Tony is not crazy about Asian food so Ting doesn't have it as often as she would like.

I also had a pile of vegetables in the fridge to use up and a vegetable stir fry is a great accompaniment to the bbq pork.  I stuck with the rice sans black beans.



Asian BBQ Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin
1 T. Chinese 5 spice powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. plum sauce
1/4 c. jalapeno jelly
1 T. rice wine vinegar
1 T. soy sauce
1 T. honey
1 T. orange juice
1 t. fresh ginger, minced

Season tenderloin with Chinese 5 spice powder, salt and pepper.  Grill over high heat for 30-40 minutes, until nearly cooked through.  While pork is cooking combine remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Boil and stir for 1 minute until smooth.  When pork is nearly cooked through start basting with the bbq sauce for another 10 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 160*.  Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1/2" slices and serving with additional bbq sauce on the side.  Print Recipe

While the pork was resting I made stir fry vegetables.  Today I used a half of a red pepper, onions, garlic, some broccoli, a zucchini, a carrot and half a bag of spinach.


2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.