Friday, April 18, 2014

A change to tonight's menu


I did get my errands done today before our 1 o'clock service at church but the nail place was swamped so I just made an appointment for tomorrow at 10 am.  After our church service we came home and I started dinner while Frank cleaned the carpets.

Originally we were going to have Shrimp Scampi, Mushroom Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce and Caesar Salad but Max requested Macaroni and Cheese almost the minute he stepped into the door on Monday. Hence, the change from Mushroom Ravioli.  I also did not have the makings for Caesar Salad but I did have some fresh Green Beans.  So I am basically going to make my Garlic Green Beans and when I get to the stir fry part of the recipe I am going to add in a 1 lb. bag of thawed, frozen cooked shrimp.


 Can't get much easier than that!!
Or much tastier for that matter.

Garlic Shrimp and Green Beans

2 large handfuls of fresh green beans, trimmed
1 lb. large cooked, tail on shrimp
3 T. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced

Place green beans in pan with enough water just to cover.  Bring to a boil and boil rapidly until water evaporates and the beans are crisp-tender.  Add the butter, garlic and shrimp.  Stir fry until the butter melt coating the beans and shrimp and the garlic is fragrant.  Print Recipe

Linking up this recipe at Hun, What's for Dinner for their Simple Supper Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I meant to tell you - I had to make a run to the grocery to make your garlic cheese bread that you posted last week - the one with the pizza dough. It kept calling to me. So I had to hit the market and make it that very night. It was SOOOOO good! I'll be trying this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thanks so much for letting me know you tried it and enjoyed it. We post all these recipes all the time and never know if/or when people tried them they turned out well or they just think that I have terrible taste buds LOL.
    I love recipes that are easy and good.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.