Friday, March 28, 2014

Here I Come to Save the Day

Wow, it seems like I just finished my last Five Minute Friday and here I am again.  Time certainly does fly around here.

The prompt for today's 5 minute writing is Mighty.



Go

The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the word Mighty was Mighty Mouse.

I am really dating myself here.  Mighty Mouse was a cartoon that I watched fifty some years ago.  His motto was "Here I come to save the day".  He sang it and every time I think or say it, it is with the tune rattling around in my brain.

Mighty Mouse was one of many tv heroes when I was a kid.  It was all tv then, all make believe.  Except for maybe Milky the Clown who had a live audience.  Now when I look at what is on tv for our kids/grandkids I feel sad for them that it is all so real.  Their heroes are not super.  They are not saving the woman tied to the train tracks by the villain.  Now they are dealing with real life problems like rape, domestic violence, murder and incest.  How sad for our children!!

Stop

Won't you please join us at FMF and let us know what Mighty means to you?

11 comments:

  1. Cute! Now I'm singing that cartoon's theme song! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when those songs get in your head and won't leave LOL. Thanks for stopping by Lori!

      Delete
  2. I went over to check out the word and just didn't have it in me today to come up with something for "mighty" I don't feel so mighty right now. I loved Mighty Mouse too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula - you have probably been too busy BEING mighty to write about mighty. It's easy to see mighty in others, but oh so hard to see might in ourselves (especially when you are up to your elbows in it). Praying for you.

      Delete
  3. That is strange to me Paula because I find you to be very mighty and strong. Hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was drawn to your link before I knew it was you - loved Might Mouse! Although my favorite cartoon characters were the Road Runner and Foghorn Leghorn...not exactly mighty, but so endearing! I prefer those to the options today...although I am a sucker for a good Phineas and Ferb and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends...will I ever grow all the way up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly hope not Lisa. We hope you stay exactly the way you are.

      Delete
  5. here's to not growing up and enjoying cartoons. :) ''Mighty mouse....now that's been a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.