Saturday, March 8, 2014

Weekend Wanderings and the Weekly Menu

This is our last weekend without Mom so I am not making any plans for the weekend.  Frank and I are just going to play it by ear.  It is supposed to be beautiful out so maybe we will go for a walk, or a ride.  Maybe we will go to the movies or to a play.  Maybe we will pull something out of the freezer and cook together or maybe we will go out.  I'm not sure but I am sure that I am going to enjoy this last weekend of spontaneity.

Monday I have Parish Council Meeting.  I am making the Mukimo from Kenya for dinner before hand.

Tuesday Mom will be home.  I am making Fried Chicken because that is her favorite so no Try it Tuesday this week.

Wednesday several churches in our area are getting together for an Ecumenical Lenten Gathering each week of Lent.  They have a soup and bread dinner followed by a Scripture Study.  I am going to take Mom and see how it goes.  If it goes well, I hope to attend each week and for Frank to join us.  If it doesn't go well then maybe Frank and I can take turns attending.

Thursday, Dick and Jackie, will be joining us for dinner before Frank and I go to choir.

Friday we are all going to a restaurant to celebrate Frank's brother's wife's birthday.

So this is my menu, such as it is....




Saturday
Remains to be seen

Sunday
Remains to be seen

Monday
Mukimo

Tuesday
Fried Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Buttermilk Biscuits

Wednesday
Soup and Scripture   Chicken and Dumplings

Thursday
Pork Milanese with Tomato Relish  Oven BBQ Pork Chops
Pasta Agli Olio Smashed Redskin Puffs
Steamed Broccoli

Friday
Out for dinner with Family

Join me each day for photos and recipes and join all of us at MPM for more great menu ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.