Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Prodigal Son

My Scripture reading for today was the Prodigal Son.  It is one of my favorite parables. I guess it resonates with me because I so often had turned away from my Lord to live life my way instead of HIS way and yet He always welcomes me back with open arms.



The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri Nouwen is one of the most powerful books I have ever read. I find myself drawn back to it again and again.  The author masterfully portrays not only the inner feelings of the Prodigal Son and relates those feelings back upon us but he also portrays how, during different phases and times in our lives, we may relate to the elder son and the father and their inner feelings.  It is a very good read and I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a Lenten Meditation.

I would be interested in hearing if this book affects you as it did me.  It touched my very soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.