Monday, March 31, 2014

It must be Monday

I know today must be Monday because there are Muffins in the oven.  Today I adapted a recipe from "Food to Live By".  It is by Earthbound Organic Farms and it is one of my go to cookbooks.

Another way I know it is Monday is because Nancy called in sick today and it worked out okay because my schedule is normally clear on Mondays.  The rest of the week can be a problem for me if Nancy can't make it but Mondays are okay.

Yesterday I got a phone call from my son, Chuck's, friend Camie.  Camie is in the Navy with Chuck and shared an apartment with him while they were both stationed in VA.  Camie has been transferred to MD now but she called to let me know that she is in Michigan.  YAY!!!  She, her sister, brother in law and new little nephew will be joining us for dinner on Tuesday so I had to add another entree so that I will have enough food.  You can see the adjusted Weekly Menu here.

So today will be spent catching up on some laundry, starting packing for our trip and hanging with Mom.  I am happy to share our Monday Morning Muffins with you.



Carrot Muffins
adapted from Food to Live By

2 c. unbleached, all purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 T. cinnamon
1 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. canola oil
2 t. vanilla
1 lb carrots
1 cup raisins

Place all dry ingredients in the large bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.  Turn the mixer on the lowest setting and combine dry ingredients.  Add remaining ingredients and mix at low speed just until combined.  Using a half cup scoop fill 18 muffin tins that have been treated with baking spray.  Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Print Recipe


2 comments:

  1. Those muffins look so good. I rarely, if ever, bake. I should try something like these. I know my family would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never used to bake very often but Mom likes muffins and sometimes it is hard to get her to eat when she is supposed to. The muffins will usually work.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.