Friday, March 7, 2014

Flexible Friday

The plan was that tonight we were going to the parish Fish Fry for dinner.  That has now changed because Tingting's boyfriend, Tony, ended up at the hospital last night with a panic attack.  Any of you who have ever had one of these understands how frightening it is!!  He thought he was having a heart attack and so they went to emergency and had him checked out.  Thankfully, he is fine.  But he would rather stay in tonight than go to the church fish fry and I can certainly understand that.  Frank was up early this morning for an all day conference at work so he will probably be happier staying home too.

So I pulled some cod out of the freezer and we will have our own fish fry right here.  With the fish I will be serving mac and cheese, some deli coleslaw I have in the fridge and while I was in the fridge I noticed the Sugar Snap Peas that had come in my box from Door to Door Organics this week.  That made me think of this easy peasy Salad compliments of Ina Garten.   I have several of Ina's cookbooks.  This recipe is from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook.  The only change I have made from the original recipe is to add some salt and I only had 1/2 lb sugar snap peas on hand which is plenty for a side dish for 4 people.




Sesame Sugar Snap Peas 
slightly adapted from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

1/2 lb. Sugar Snap peas
Dark Sesame Oil
Dark Sesame Seeds
Pinch of Kosher Salt

Place Snap Peas into a bowl.  Drizzle with Oil, sprinkle with Sesame Seeds and Salt.  Toss to blend.  Serve at room temperature.  Print Recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.