Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sharing Saturday and the Weekly Menu

We have been invited over to John and Kirsten's for dinner tonight by their friend, Karen.  Karen won a large tray of chicken from a local store when she bought raffle tickets at our Art Fair on the River this year and it is getting ready to expire so she asked us to share it with them.

I am going to make some desserts.  One to share tonight and one to share at our Parish Harvest Dinner tomorrow. I made a Peanut Butter Sheet Cake first.  It was beautiful and then I went to move it onto a disposable sheet so that I could take it to the Harvest Dinner, of course I destroyed it.  Frank said it was because I refused to listen to him and he is right but I'm not admitting it LOL.  Anyway, when life gives you lemons......I am going to break up this first cake and create a chocolate and peanut butter trifle for dessert tonight.  The cake tastes delicious so I know if I layer it with Dark Chocolate Pudding, Whipped Cream and Chopped Peanuts how can I go wrong....it sounds wonderful.  I am going to stop and buy a disposable sheet cake pan (and more peanut butter) on my way home from my CSA so that I can make my next cake on that and not have to worry about transferring it LOL.


Peanut Butter Sheet Cake from the Pioneer Woman


A Happy Accident.
Trifle made with Peanut Butter Cake, Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Whipped Cream.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle

1/2 of a peanut butter sheet cake (I used this recipe)
2 large boxes of chocolate fudge pudding made to box directions
1 pint whipping cream, whipped with 1 T. powdered sugar
1 bag crushed peanuts for garnish

Cut the peanut butter cake into squares and place 1/3 of them on the bottom of a trifle bowl, there will be gaps.  Pour about 1/3 of the pudding over the cake and then 1/3 of the whipped cream over the pudding.  Make two more layers. Sprinkle the crushed peanuts on the last layer of whipped cream as garnish.

We will go to the Harvest Dinner for lunch at 12:30 and then Frank's brother and his family as well as his Mom will be joining us for dinner here.

Wednesday we will be celebrating our daughter, Amy's, birthday with a quiet dinner here at home.  Just us, Amy and Doug and Frank's Mom.  Amy has requested Meatloaf and Apple Pie. We will be heading up north with Amy and Doug next weekend to continue the birthday celebration.

Friday we are going out to dinner with friends and then to a haunted house, Purgatory's Revenge which is owned by our friend's, the Greens, daughter's boyfriend.  Tis the season!!!

Here is what the menu looks like this week. Please visit each day for photos and recipes.

Saturday

Peanut Butter Sheet Cake for the Harvest Dinner

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Trifle for Dessert tonight

Sunday
Baked Ham
Macaroni and Cheese
Steamed Green Beans

Meatless Monday
Spaghetti Squash with Marinara Sauce

Try it Tuesday
Chicken Saltimbocca- Can be found in Cuisine at Home, Issue 65
Spinach Pappardelle

Wednesday-Amy's Birthday Dinner
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Corn and Zucchini Saute

Thursday
Egg Drop Soup
Potstickers
Chicken Fried Rice

Fish Friday
Dinner out before Haunted House

You can find this and many more menu ideas at Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.